Ramblings of a bookaholic.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

On 11:53 AM by psykoticKitten   No comments
Welcome to my first "Inspired By..." post!  These posts will be dedicated to anything inspired by a book I have read.  It could be a craft project, fashion, playlist, or (in this case) a recipe.

In Poison Fruit, Daisy makes some homemade hot cocoa with a little something extra for her and her friends to drink while watching the tree lighting in their town.  Well I decided to create a little hot cocoa recipe myself (without the something extra).

WARNING:  If you follow the recipe exactly the way it is written, you will be subjecting yourself to a whole lot of sugar.  More than any one person should ingest.  I believe I saw Food.com calculate it at 99% the suggested daily value in one serving.  For that reason, I suggest lowering the sugar content to 1/3 cup instead of 1/2 cup and add about 1/3 cup water to increase the servings made to 5 small servings.

The above mentioned changes have not yet been tried.  Please leave a comment below if the changes suck or if they rock.  I will test the changes this weekend and update the recipe on Food.com.


ALTERED RECIPE:

Replace 1/2 cup sugar with 1/3 cup sugar.
In addition to the milk, add 1/3 cup water in step 2.
Change the servings from 4 to 5.

So there you have it.  You can be brave and try the sugar filled original recipe or you can be extra brave and try the untested altered recipe.  Either way, feel free to leave a comment to share your thoughts, tips, or recipes of your own.

Happy Reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment