Ramblings of a bookaholic.

Monday, September 1, 2014

On 3:08 PM by psykoticKitten   No comments
Hello everybody!  Welcome to my newest creation!  EP Book Nerd!  Here you will find my random thoughts on books I read.  Thus the "Book Nerd" part in EP Book Nerd.  So what's with the "EP" you ask (or don't ask but I'm going to tell you anyway)?  "EP" is a little shout out to my lovable city of El Paso, TX... and it was the only blogspot sub-domain available where I could also use "booknerd."

Before I post anything else, let me say a few things...

I am not a professional writer.  I will repeat that - I am not a professional writer.  My writing will not be at the same level as a novelist.  I will have grammatical errors.  I will probably say things in ways that don't make a whole lot of sense.  My thoughts will be everywhere.  But... I will try, to the best of my current ability, to provide an enjoyable reading experience to all who visit.

I am not an expert on literature.  I'm pretty sure I don't have to repeat that one.  I do not have a degree in literature.  (In fact, my degree is in Web Graphic Design.)  I will comment on whether a book was well written or not but my opinions are just that - opinions.

With that said...

By now you are probably wondering... "Why in banana's pajamas am I going to take the time to visit your blog if you bring no real professional value to the table?"  For me that's simple.  I am sharing my love of books and stories with people who, hopefully, have that same love.

My plans for EP Book Nerd:

Now I do juggle many things such as work, volunteering, family, etc.  There may be times where there will be a couple of weeks worth of gaps between posts.  But... I will try my best to not let that happen.  My goal is to post at least once per week.  Hopefully more.  I hope to post:

 - Book Opinion/Discussion
 - Inspired By...
 - Kid's View
 - Short Stories
 - Poems

Well, there you go!  A little introduction/sneak peek to my new blog!  Feel free to follow my blog and leave comments below.  As long as they are tasteful and not rude, I will leave them up for others to read and respond to.  Also, as things pick up, you may suggest books for me to read.  I mainly focus on fantasy, romance, mystery, paranormal, and sci-fi but am open to trying new genres.  I hope to see you soon!

Happy Reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment