Ramblings of a bookaholic.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

On 9:05 AM by psykoticKitten in    No comments
I was searching the web for short stories and came across a rather interesting and disturbing one.  It takes the belief that a photograph can steal your soul and adds our modern-day obsession with taking a selfie every five seconds.  I have to admit that reading this one at night while alone in my room was maybe not the best idea I've had.  The story is titled "Selfies" by Lavie Tidhar and can be found on Tor.com.

Here is a little snippet:

"In one of the last pictures I am running. I am running down the street and it is dark, the street lamps are dim and the light oozes down sickly and yellow. I can feel my heart almost bursting in my chest, the taste of something sour and unpleasant in my mouth. I’m running as fast as I can. I have to get away."

To read the full story, follow this link.  I hope you enjoy it!

Happy Reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment